Account Supervisor – Work From Anywhere
August 28, 2020
The Account Supervisor (AS) provides ownership across several accounts, including acting as the primary daily contact and leading accounts opposite metrics. Initial work drafts (i.e. releases, articles, case studies, and quarterly plans/recaps) are client-ready. The AS provides appropriate strategy to clients on the fly and successfully demonstrates the ability to meet metrics quarter after quarter. The AS works with SAEs, AEs, and AAEs providing guidance and leadership, in addition to providing strategic and direct feedback to drafts of their content as well as overall account performance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Demonstrate ownership over all assigned accounts, leading weekly calls with confidence and earning client trust as the account lead
- Act as daily contact across accounts; ensure timely and consistent communicating with client via email and phone to demonstrate account activity is moving forward and showcasing agency value
Writing and Content
- Ability to independently develop all client content needs
- Draft and finalize corporate and product press releases, blog announcements, etc.
- Draft articles for client bylines and case studies (interview customers when needed and write first draft requiring minimal edits)
- Scan the news to identify timely news hooks and proactively conduct outreach
- Secure, schedule, and host media/analyst briefings
- Secure tier 1 coverage, including business press
- Support preparation and execution of media training with client, including CEO
- Drive ongoing strategy and direction for all quarterly plans, campaigns, and recaps, leading accounts toward meeting/exceeding metrics quarter after quarter
- Advise clients appropriately on strategy, including pushing back on initiatives that do not align with overarching PR goals or net results
- Develop strategy-driven launch plans with timelines, talking points, media targets, deliverables, etc.
- Develop successful proactive and reactive pitch campaigns
Leadership and Mentoring
- Assist new team members in understanding structure of PR documents and processes
- Manage and mentor SAEs, AEs, AAEs, and interns supporting assigned accounts
- Act as role model for junior team members and provide input for employee evaluations
- Actively support agency new business development efforts and/or other agency operations and initiatives
- Earn a high level of trust with agency leadership team
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE (Select one of the following)
- 4-5 years progressive public relations experience; agency experience required
- Media relations experience required
- Demonstrated understanding of and experience with digital and social media
- College degree or relevant experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a developing awareness of different audience needs; learning to customize appropriately
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Able to ask appropriate questions and uses good judgment to make effective progress opposite tasks and deliverables
- Able to develop and maintain positive relationships with internal staff, external account contacts, and developing the same with reporters
- Provide effective role modeling and support to SAEs, AEs, and AAEs
- Motivated self-starter able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Works with a sense of urgency and efficiency, acting as an example for others
- Demonstrated confidence to take on new, higher level work, balanced with good judgment and appropriate questioning
- Able to earn and maintain trust and credibility with others, internally and externally
- Flexible – able to quickly and effectively adjust to changing account demands
- Able to work against deadlines in a high-volume environment producing strong results
- Accepts feedback from others and willing to course-correct as needed; a desire to grow professionally and be mentored by senior staff
- Proven ability to operate and make sound decisions independently
This job description does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed. Employees occupying this position will be required to follow any other related instruction and to perform any other job related duties requested by their supervisor.
You can learn more about the agency and our core values here.
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you!