Account Manager – Work From Anywhere
Barokas Communications is a strategic communications and PR agency that works with emerging and high growth brands. The Account Manager (AM) provides ownership of all assigned client accounts (5-6 on average) strategically leading accounts opposite metrics. The AM provides oversight and leadership for the account lead (AS/SAE) and recommends appropriate push back with the client when necessary. The AM proactively develops and maintains client relationships, drives PR strategy, stays abreast of assigned client industries to provide the most relevant PR counsel and deliverables. As the liaison between assigned clients and the internal agency account team members, the AM effectively manages workflow and communication, and adjusts strategy and resources as required. AM’s demonstrate leadership, management and mentorship skills by developing more junior-level staff and proactively supporting corporate initiatives, including new business activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Act as strategic point of contact with each assigned client, supporting the account lead (AS/SAE) in communication with client to build and maintain strong working relationships, earn client confidence, and effectively manage a wide range of client situations, including budget
- Set client expectations, drive PR strategy, and translate it into a roadmap for execution across all types of PR programs for each assigned account
- Oversee the account lead’s management of roles and responsibilities and flow of work to account team members
- Finalize quarterly recaps
- Proven mastery overseeing key initiatives and programs: funding, product launches, analyst relations, awards and speaking
- Develop client strategy (including crisis)
- Maintain a thorough understanding of client industries and translate that to trusted PR counsel across varying levels of client contacts
- Manage account to budget
- Identify and pursue opportunities to upsell clients on incremental value-add services
- Contribute to BPR new business development; confidently lead new business pitches with potential clients
Writing and Content
- Oversee and approve of all client deliverables including press releases, bylines, case studies, blogs and messaging documents, with little to no edits requested from client
- Support media relations, including outreach to consistently secure tier one coverage across relevant press
- Media-train new spokespeople
- Host media/analyst briefings
Leadership and Mentoring
- Mentor junior staff for successful professional growth and development in all facets of PR, from strategy, to press, to positioning feedback to a client
- Participate in the recruiting process, including interviewing new hire candidates
- Conduct employee reviews and mid-year check-in on measurement; provide continual feedback to team members on areas of improvement
- Share expertise and best practices as an agency leader
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 5-years minimum, progressive public relations experience; agency, technology and aerospace sector experience preferred
- Communications strategy development and execution
- Strong media relations skills
- Business development experience preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of and experience with digital and social media
- Experience and knowledge across multiple industries preferred but not required, including: Aerospace / Transportation, Consumer Tech, Enterprise Tech, Fintech, Healthcare, MarTech
- Highly effective verbal communication with various audiences (multiple levels at multiple clients as well as internally; customized pitching based on audience)
- Strong writing and editing skills across various content types (press releases, white papers, bylines, case studies)
- Strong strategic mindset, experience guiding clients and internal staff
- Ability to set expectations and successfully influence others
- Develop and maintain relationships with reporters, clients, and internal staff
- Business development experience, strong personal network preferred
- Established leader comfortable fostering growth and development of junior staff; provide mentoring and management
- Motivated self-starter able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Able to earn the confidence of others, internally and externally
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Creative; able to think outside the box
- Flexible – able to adjust to changing account demands
- Results driven
- Proactively drive business and process improvements
- Intellectually curious, well-read and stays on top of current events/trends
This job description does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed. Employees occupying this position will be required to follow any other related instruction and to perform any other job related duties requested by their supervisor.
You can learn more about the agency and our core values here.
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you!